Love Bug, Siggy Challenge #3


I've been busy with a special training at work, and didn't think I'd have much to report for this week, but I do!

I submitted another challenge for a competition. This is another one I don't have any expectation of winning, but that's okay. It's kind of along the lines of entering a marathon race, when you know you won't win. It's just to test yourself, and see if you can do it, and to see how you compare to others in the same race. Even if I'm the last poor slob dragging my sorry butt across the finish line, I'm still going to finish that race. So here goes.

On this one, there is animation again. But this time, the animation was supplied. I didn't create it, I just had to plop it into my design. That was kind of disappointing to me, because I would have liked to see what goes into making an animation of this sort. So guess what?! I'm practicing it on my own, and I'll let you know how it goes. So far, I'm not even through the first letter yet. Gulp. No wonder they didn't have us do it. Maybe I'm in over my head. I'll keep you posted. It's too cumbersome to do all at once, so I do a little here and there.

I didn't use the tube (artwork) they recommended for this. Mine isn't as well matched to the background. But to buy the artwork would have again been a package deal, for more money than I really wanted to spend. And I didn't know if I'd ever use the other designs again. At least this one was very pretty in general. I liked the artist's work. I simply would have preferred poses and hair color like she used in other packages. Maybe I'll get one of those down the road.

Since the animation was already done for me, I didn't learn as much new on this one. Well, I did learn more about duplication and deleting of frames. That was good. And I did learn that animation can take far more than 2-4 frames, LOL!

I'm working a little faster now, too. I did this in one afternoon, instead of over the course of the entire week. So I'm progressing in speed and efficiency, if not in skill. That's fine, I'll take that. For now.

I'm rather pleased with how this came out.



Tutorial Used: http://maykstutorials.com/LoveBug.html


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!