Signature Challenge: Patchwork of Friends




This tutorial used Gorjuss tubes, which by now I'm sure you know, I'm not crazy about. I'm sorry, I know everyone else in the whole world thinks they are adorable, and I can't give you a clear cut explanation for what it is I don't like about them, but I just don't. Maybe they're just too youthful for me, or too girly, or something.
A friend suggested that maybe I find them creepy because they just have eyes, LOL! Perhaps she's right. Whatever the reason, I can't do the tag with the suggested art. I think she's a wonderful, talented artist. I wish I had that kind of talent. But it just doesn't fit with my tastes.

Well, I created it pretty much as the tut said. But it just didn't satisfy me, even with my favored artists. I tried adding bling to it, but that didn't do it for me either.

So then I completely started over, and picked the colors and the elements I preferred. That was much more satisfying.

I am a craftsman, or I guess I should say craftswoman, and I love all crafts. I sew, I knit and crochet, I'm damned good at cross-stitch, too, if I do say so myself. And I've even dabbled in quilting. If there's a craft out there, I've probably at least tried it. And many of them, I'm really good at. (Martha, eat your heart out!) So if I'm going to do a tag that has a patchwork or quilting theme, I kinda want there to be quilting in it! LOL! I quilted all the papers, and then I made myself a needle and thread. I threw in some shine on the needle for good measure. And I changed the mask to be more "quilt-like," if there is such a thing. And that word art just seemed to need some color. The black wasn't working for me. So I recreated it using my own fonts, colors, etc.

Now I'm happy with it. See what you think. I submitted the one that's on the bottom for the challenge, but the one that's on the top is closer to the tut. Except for the animation. (Okay, I got bored.)

Let me know if I did the right thing. I submitted the orange one. Should I have submitted the orange or the pink?



Tutorial Used: http://sites.google.com/site/rosestutsandtags/Home/cinnamon-scrapkit-tuts/life-is-a-patchwork-of-friends


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!