Tut 4 You Tag 4 Me: You Can't Scare Me


I'm getting oddly addicted to this tutorial challenge. I LOVE it! I'm drawn to the idea of making a tag for someone, without buying anything! It forces me to learn new techniques, and to use my creativity. For example, in this tag, the person I made it for asked that I change the words to say something about "You can't scare me, I'm the mother of a 2 year old monster." Easy enough. But I don't own the tube, and I don't own the scrap kit. Hm, a bit of a challenge. I checked for a freebie on the scrap kit. No such luck. I checked my own scrap cache. Nothing, nada, zilch. Crap.

I disliked the tube used. It has a scary look to me. So my first mission was to find a tube that had a super mom sort of theme. Bingo! I found a PinUp Toons with a woman holding up fists. Perfect! Now, since I didn't own the kit, I would create papers using the colors in the tube. I found yellow in her hair, so I created the yellow stars with a weave texture. I found pink in her shoes, so that became the pink and purple paper and star, and the orange was also a shade found in her bra, so that became another paper. And her pants inspired the green background. I used the preset shapes to create a tiny star, and then wallpapered it all over the paper using MM Copies. I used the same presets for the star elements, and applied Eye Candy Glass to the stars, and to the bars, and to the star frame. The template did come free, so I used most of that, though I used my own stars so they would be sure to match. A little 3D shadowing using Lokus (I like that plug in!). Finally, I used the Big Bloke font for the scare words, and a scripty font for the name. I tried to apply a mask, but I tried dozens and gave up on all of them. They all seemed to busy. I saw a doodle in my cache that I thought looked interesting, so I used that instead. Ta da! I was pleased with the results. I liked it better than the original tutorial, to tell the truth. I hope the person I made it for feels the same way.



Tutorial Used (loosely): http://wackywinnies-sue.blogspot.com/2009/03/like-omg.html


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!