Texture Challenge 0412-0418


I don't usually use textures, but this one intrigued me. I've been wanting to try something with an artistic grungy feel, and this texture seemed to go in that direction. Then I saw one example where the texture did not go through the person in the photo! Even better! I first took a photo and erased all the background. I used brushes to give that grunge look I wanted (scrolls and fairy dust), and applied them to my white background and to the texture itself. I duplicated my photo. Then I applied the texture to the whole thing, and used the duplicated photo over the top of it, to take the texture off the photo. I liked the look! Then I applied a mat and frame.

It's a bit funky, I know, but I liked doing it. I will play with this some more in the future.

So I thought this would be a simple thing. Pick photo, apply texture as an overlay, done. Instead, I got to practice all kinds of techniques. I used the background remover, used numerous brushes (and had to bring them into the program). I applied a mat and a frame.

Not bad! Lots of learning going on with this! (And fun, too!)


Tutorial Used: http://www.cafemom.com/group/14196/forums/read_topic.php?topic_id=5527895&result=edited

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!