Srap Kit Challenge 7: Cool Change



I'm pretty excited by the results I got with this. We were given a scrap kit to use, and we were not to take elements from other kits. The kit was called Captain of Her Heart, by Sabre. It's a lovely kit. And I love boats, so I eagerly jumped into this challenge. I liked the tube I used in this, but it was too vibrant, so I used overlay to tone it down warm it up. I loved the way that looked on this. And I couldn't resist trying my Eye Candy again, this time the fire filter. Very fun! It took me several tries before I understood how to do it. (My first attempt had the entire candle going up in flames, LOL!) But I finally got the hang of it. And I was pleased with the flames. I've seen other people do fire, and it looked very fake, and the flame didn't seem to match the wick. Once I played with it a little bit, I avoided that overly wide flame that turned me off. I thought it looked kinda neat. But I still felt the tag needed something else. Perhaps some word art. But I didn't really have anything appropriate. So I thought of songs I knew with a nautical theme. I always had a soft spot for Little River Band's Cool Change, so I used a line from the song. Then I felt like I had the look I was aiming for. I'm quite proud of this one. :)



Tutorial Used: None


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!