Tut 6 Challenge: Vintage



Finally, I'm catching up on my postings here.

This is for this week's Tut Challenge. I like the looks of this kit a great deal. And it gave me a chance to use one of my Janesko tubes. I really like her artwork. Beautiful. It must be wonderful to be able to create something so lovely.

I learned something new! I love when that happens. I had been trying to figure out how to duplicate the coloring that was used on the font in the tut. Fonts are often sadly ignored in tuts. I've found several that don't even tell you which font they used, let alone how they got it to look that way.

On this one, the colors appeared to reflect the colors within the elements. So I opened up the flowers in a separate image, and then turned them into a gradient. Whoopee! It was very close to the effect I was trying to duplicate! Close enough for me, anyhow. That was exciting. The rest of the tut was incredibly simple. But I love the look. And I love that it taught me a new technique.



Tutorial Used: http://sites.google.com/site/kylietutorials/vintagekylie


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!