Irish Blessing


During the Valentine holiday, I saw a siggy that had falling hearts in it, and I was fascinated with the look of it. I wanted to do something like that myself, but I was a bit too green to know where to find the animation, let alone how to apply it. But today I saw a siggy that had falling shamrocks in it, and I decided to tackle the concept today.

Once I saw it, I then had to figure out where to find all the supplies for it. Yikes. My biggest problem is that I was looking for the wrong name. I thought they were falling shamrocks. What I should have been looking for was "Floaties." I finally stumbled across some similar designs, but not shamrocks, and was thrilled to finally have a better tag to search for. Once I knew what they called them, they weren't so hard to find. Then I just had to find one that was to my liking. I wanted a good size, and I wanted a more 3D look, not just flat. And I didn't want them to pile up at the bottom of the tile. I also saw a pot of gold that was closer to the style I wanted. Next I just grabbed some elements here and there and finally felt happier with the design than I had been seeing. I also ran across the celtic looking mask, and I was a happy camper.

I didn't have a single St. Patrick kit I liked, so I grabbed from several. And I didn't have the dark greens I prefer, so I recolored them. The golds didn't match in all the kits either, so I really gave my manual color changer a workout. And I didn't have a tutorial for this, so I decided to wing it.

I liked the blessing on this, especially since it mentions St. Patrick. And after some frustration, I got the animation to function properly. The mask was too dark, so I dissolved it and liked that look better than just reducing the opacity. I'm fairly satisfied with the design now.


Tutorial Used: None

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!