Eskimo Kisses



Okay, you're probably wondering why I would do a Christmasy tag just before Easter. Actually, I was rather bummed out because the weather forecast here calls for six to eight inches of SNOW. Yes, snow. I know it probably won't add up to that much, and even if it does, it won't last that long, but still, it's a real let down. I want to be thinking about crocuses and tulips and magnolia blossoms. Not shoveling. Blech.

With that in mind, I created a sort of Easter tag, complete with snowflakes, LOL. I love the bunnies on this! I just love bunnies in general, so I had to make this. I also rather liked that font! I'll have to use that again. I'm fond of decorative script fonts. I tried to find a more Easter-like mask, but I didn't find one yet, so I stuck with the snowflake mask. I guess I could have dropped the red bow, or added eggs, but what the heck. Maybe I'll reuse it at Christmas time, lol!

I had a lot of frustration with this tutorial. It was due to my inexperience, not the tut writer. I started to jump ahead and do things my own way, and I was not getting the same results. Doh! I had to go back and follow the steps more closely. It did teach me a new way to add an image to a mask so that it has a blended look. I would have thought it was Legacy Luminance that colored the background house image, but it wasn't. I had to paste the image into the mask before merging it. Interesting concept. I might have use for that again. But I seemed to keep doing it incorrectly, and it took several times before I got it right. I'll have to be more careful next time. Again, this is not the tut writer's fault. It was all my fault. Gotta reign in my enthusiasm, and my impatience, and actually READ what they give me.

I got some more experience with my Eye Candy plug in! This time it was Motion Trail. It seemed to have different settings on my version, compared to the tut's version, but I think I finally got it straight. Close enough, anyway. I'd like to play with that some more. I'd like to see other ways to apply it.

The animation on this was tedious, but worth it. It was pasting little dinky images over and over again. Seems like there ought to be a better way. Perhaps there is, but I don't know it yet. I tried to do it like a glitter fill, but it either didn't work or I didn't do it properly. Again, probably my inexperience. But I finally took the time to paste each little clump of snowflakes on there, like I was told. And it didn't take quite as long as I anticipated. And I was happy with how it turned out. DS loves the falling snow on this. That alone makes it worth it. :)



Tutorial Used: http://designsbyirishlass.blogspot.com/2008/11/eskimo-kiss.html


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!