Coffee Time x 2




I admit it, I'm just dying for a chance to practice with my new plugins! Eye Camdy has this neat smoke feature, which I love in this tutorial. Something about that little whiff of steam that just fascinates me. I had to buy the artwork, just to be able to create this tut. It kinda spoke to me, LOL!

Why two? I didn't own the scrap kit, and it's PTU. They used a kit called Chocolate Mint, which is nice and all, but I'm not that big on light greens, so I didn't think I would get enough use out of it to justify purchasing it. Besides, I should be able to come up with something on my own, right? So that's where the brown sample came from. I love the brown tones. It just felt coffee-ish to me. It also felt warm and cozy. I was pretty happy with it, until my DS said he liked the green one in the tutorial better.

Hmph. Okay, I felt sure I could create a reasonable reproduction without purchasing the kit. So I set out pulling from my freebie collection. I had a dickens of a time finding things in the right shades. So I played around, combing papers with Luminance, manually coloring, and otherwise tweaking papers and elements to get them closer to the tut's sample. I think I did a respectable job. It's not identical, but I think it captured the same flavor. Or got as close as I could without spending money (which is in short supply lately. Sigh.)

It took FAR longer to create the green example. Wow. What work! But somehow quite satisfying. I used tools creatively, too. It felt great. And it felt empowering. Like I can do whatever I can envision, just by using the tools. I like that. I was never a good artist, or at least I couldn't draw. But with this, I can paint with elements and paper, and I can take what's in my head and transfer it to paper, or at least relatively closely. It's like being given the gift of drawing. Wonderful!

Now I don't know which color I like the best, but I think I still lean towards the brown. I know it's very different from the sample provided. But I just like the coffee colors in it.



Tutorial Used: http://josbits2-tuts4u.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-luv-coffee.html?zx=254f0dc406ab585d


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!