Second Siggy Challenge



I tried my hand at another siggy challenge. This one was very exciting for me, because I figured out how to do animation. Woohoo!! It's amazing how something as simple as a butterfly's fluttering wings can bring me such joy. But it took a lot of work to get it figured out. Once I figured out what I was doing, it turned out to be no where near as complicated as I first thought. The instructions look worse than they really are. It's one of those things that you just have to dive into, to find out that it wasn't all that bad. Take your time, read it carefully, and enjoy. It doesn't even take all that long. I used Animation Shop 3. (The software says it isn't compatible with Vista, but I found it works just fine on my Vista computer. Phew!)

On this tutorial, I know their artwork really fit the design better, but I wasn't going to throw cash at a bunch of designs that I really didn't think I would get that much use out of. (It came in a package deal). Had I liked the other designs with it, I might have gone for it, but they didn't do anything for me.

I tried to make up for the differences by spreading color around. My image had pink glasses and shorts, so I thought a pink and blue font and a pink butterfly would help round out the color better. I managed not only to find a pink butterfly graphic, but an animation tutorial as well! That was a handy discovery!

Learning how to add movement led me to explore how to add glitter. It's a very similar process. So once I got that figured out, I went back and added glitter to my previous siggys that called for it. (I had skipped it at the time because I didn't trust myself to tackle to brand new software programs at the same time. Hey, I'm gaining confidence now!

As for my siggy challenge, the graphic was chosen because of the glasses. I really do wear glasses like that, except my frames are gold. I'd love to tell you I look like that, but alas, all similarity stops at the glasses. I really like this artist. His name is Keith Garvey, and he does some cool pin up work.

It occurred to me that I've learned a great deal over the past week. Sometimes I feel like I'm back in school again, studying away. Too bad I didn't enjoy my college courses as well as I'm enjoying this.


Tutorial Used: http://littlemamaspsptutorials.homestead.com/CharlestonTutorial.html

Animation Tutorial: http://www.beckybsplace.com/bfytut/bftut1.htm

Glitter Tutorial: http://www.cafemom.com/group/14196/boards/read/2088961/GLITTER_TEXT_TUTORIAL_FOR_NEW_PSP_VERSIONS



.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preset Shape from a Dingbat Tutorial

Uber Newbie

Jacks Steam Punk, My First Signature Tutorial for PSP!